|Why do strength training if you’re not “elite” or racing? |
The well-endorsed (and frequently Instagrammed #gains or #fitspo) benefits of adding tone and definition to your muscles is hard to ignore.
However, strength training boasts a HUGE plethora of health benefits that would most certainly help EVERY body, shape, size and even assist a myriad of health conditions themselves.
HERE’S WHY YOU NEED MORE MUSCLE!
THE BENEFITS OF STRENGTH TRAINING
|Why is strength training beneficial for me? |
1. Strength training protects bone health and muscle mass. Cyclists in particular often develop early osteoporosis due to a lack of weight bearing exercise.
2. Strength training translates to more calories burned doing the same tasks each day = weight management and reduction in body fat.
3. Strength training boosts energy levels and improves your mood. Think of it as the caffeine of movement options literally GIVING you energy.
4. Strength training helps you develop better body mechanics. Better quality of movement and efficiency in form means less chances of injury.
5. Strength training can help with chronic disease management. People with diabetes may have better blood sugar control during workouts if they lift weights before doing cardio exercise.
6. Strength training makes you stronger and fitter.
Who doesn’t want to be fitter?
|If you have any queries about our Strength Training Programs, please reply to this email and we will be in touch!|